Photo © Krista Schlyer/iLCP
Living Waters: Wading In
An Interfaith Environmental Event
The first 50 registrants will receive a free copy of Greening Congregations Handbook: Stories, Ideas, and Resources for Cultivating Creation Awareness and Care in Your Congregation.
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Brock Environmental Center
3663 Marlin Bay Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
Registration fee: $25 (includes lunch and workshop materials)*
We invite you to reconnect with the wonder of water.
Join us for a day of music, prayer, inspiring speakers, and collaborative work sessions as we explore ways the faith community can celebrate, protect, and restore our rivers, streams and the Chesapeake Bay.
Register now to attend Living Waters: Wading In, an interfaith event where, regardless of where your house of worship is in its "greening" journey, you'll leave prepared to lead your congregation to the next level of stewardship.
You'll learn how other houses of worship across all faiths have grown the spirit of stewardship to revitalize their congregations. Living Waters: Wading In will bring all faith groups together to learn from each other's challenges and triumphs.
You'll meet others who share your interest in working together to protect and heal our waters.
At Living Waters: Wading In, you'll learn how to:
- launch and grow a "green team,"
- become a beacon for of stewardship in your community,
- advocate locally and regionally,
- incorporate creation care into worship, and
- green your house of worship's infrastructure.
* The registration fee offsets our expenses, but we do not want attendance to be a financial burden on you or your organization. Please contact Ann Jurzyk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need your registration fee waived.
If you have any questions about the conference, please call CBF's Richmond office at 804-780-1392.