Smith Island Environmental Education Program Captain/Educator
Tenure at CBF: 1995-Present
- Prior to joining CBF, Jessie was a Smith Island waterman.
- Jessie has come back to his roots in two capacities, as an Education Program Captain/Educator and as a native Smith Islander.
- Executive Committee Member of Smith Island United, a community organization dedicated to the preservation of Smith Island, its people, culture, and natural beauty
- Island Environmental Education Field Programs Senior Manager
- Karen Noonan Environmental Education Program Captain/Assistant Manager
- USCG Certified Captain
Personal Philosophy: "The fact that I had to abandon my life long plan of being a Smith Island waterman was proof to me that the Bay needs help. My new life plan was obvious: Save the Bay!"