Virginia's Watershed Implementation Plan
Local Plans for Restoring Water Quality
The Commonwealth of Virginia asked 96 localities in the Chesapeake Bay watershed to explain how they would reduce nutrient and sediment pollution in their local waters. Plans that have been made publicly available to date are provided below.
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) will continue to post these local cleanup plans as we receive them so citizens can read them, provide input to their locality, and help establish clean water priorities and goals in their community.
CBF encourages you to review your locality's plan, contact local officials with questions, and urge them to implement the plan.
If you don't see your locality's plan here, it may be because your locality or the state has not made it public. Contact your locality and ask to see its Bay cleanup plan. If it refuses, ask why. Get involved. Demand clean water.
For more information, contact Chris Moore in Hampton Roads, 757-622-1964, or Ann Jurczyk in Richmond, 804-780-1392.
- Hampton Roads Regional Planning Framework, Scenario, and Strategies (PDF)
This document reviews the Hampton Roads Regional Planning District's regional approach to water quality managment. The document was attached to each of the region's local government strategies.
- City of Chesapeake
- City of Hampton
- City of Virginia Beach
- City of Williamsburg
- James City County
- Newport News
- To receive a copy of Suffolk's WIP, please contact L.J. Hansen at the Department of Public Works, 757/514-7687 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Surry County
- York County
MIDDLE PENINSULA/NORTHERN NECK
- Gloucester County
- Mathews County
- Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission
- Letter to DCR (PDF, 3 pages, 57.44 KB)
- Phase II Watershed Implementation Plan (WIP) for the Counties of Clarke, Frederick, Page, Shenandoah, and Warren (PDF, 12 pages, 167.70 KB)
- Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Phase II WIP Strategy and Resources (MS Excel)
- Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission WIP II Letter (PDF, 5 pages, 412 KB)
- Augusta (PDF, 2 pages, 159 KB)
- Lexington (PDF, 2 pages, 604 KB)
- Staunton (PDF, 2 pages, 80 KB)
- Waynesboro (PDF, 8 pages, 223 KB)