Via Somers Cove Marina (Crisfield, MD)
From the Bay Bridge/Annapolis
- Take Route 50 East across the Bay Bridge towards Salisbury.
- Take Route 13 Business SOUTH toward Pocomoke City.
- Continue on Route 13 for approximately 22 miles.
- Exit onto Route 413 toward Crisfield.
- After about 15 miles look for the city dock at the end of Route 413.
- Unload students, luggage, and a supervisor at city dock. Ask boat captain for a parking pass.
- Park near the J. Millard Tawes Building in Somers Cove Marina (marina sign is in the median strip of Route 413). Cars and buses may park overnight.
- To walk back to the city dock, follow the path beyond the break in the fence next to the Tawes building.
From Bay Bride Tunnel/ Norfolk
- Follow Route 13 North to Route 413 to Crisfield.
- See directions above
Plan to arrive in Crisfield by noon to board the public ferry the Captain Jason II on the city dock at 12:00 pm because the public ferry leaves at 12:30 sharp. CBF staff will meet the group at the dock in Tylerton. The return boat will leave Tylerton at either 10:30 a.m. or 3:30 p.m. on the day of the group's departure. The 3:30 boat is a public ferry that stops in Ewell and arrives in Crisfield between 4:30 and 4:45 p.m. The ferry schedule is weather dependent during the winter months.
Via Smith Point Marina (Reedville, VA)
From points North
- Follow Route 95 South for about 5 miles south of Fredericksburg
- Take Route 17 South to Tappahannock.
- In Tappahannock, take Route 360 East for about 40 miles. *
- Just before Reedville look for Bay Motel on the right (Route 360 bears right).
- Bear LEFT and follow the signs for Smith Point Marina.
- Cars and busses may park in the marina overnight. No parking pass is needed.
From points South
- Take Route 95 North to Richmond.
- In Richmond take Route 360 East. *Follow directions from Route 360 East above.
Plan to arrive in Reedville by 11:00 a.m. to board the public ferry, Captain Jason II, at 11:30 am sharp. CBF staff will meet the group at the dock in Tylerton. The return boat will leave Tylerton at 1:15 p.m. on the day of the group's departure and arrive in Reedville at 2:15 or 2:30 pm.
NOTE: Special arrangements may be made to pick up groups from southern Maryland at Point Lookout State Park.