Via Somers Cove Marina (Crisfield, MD)
From the Bay Bridge/Annapolis
- Take Route 50 East across the Bay Bridge towards Salisbury.
- Take Route 13 Business South toward Pocomoke City.
- Continue on Route 13 for approximately 22 miles.
- Exit onto Route 413 toward Crisfield.
- After about 15 miles look for the Somers Cove Marina sign in the median strip (near Fresh Pride Supermarket). Turn left on 8th Street and then take the first right.
- Park near the J. Millard Tawes Building. Cars and buses may park overnight.
- Unload students and gear. Prepare to board the Jenny S.
Departure/Arrival Times from Somers Cove Marina
Plan to arrive in Crisfield at noon. The Jenny S will depart for Fox Island at 12:30 p.m. On the last day the approximate return time to Somers Cove Marina is noon.
Via Smith Point Marina (Reedville, VA)
From points north
- Follow Route 95 South for about 5 miles south of Fredericksburg.
- Take Route 17 South to Tappahannock.
- In Tappahannock, take Route 360 East for about 40 miles. *
- Just before Reedville look for the Bay Motel on the right (Route 360 bears right).
- Bear LEFT and follow the signs for Smith Point Marina.
From points south
- Take Route 95 North to Richmond.
- In Richmond take Route 360 East. *Follow directions from Route 360 East above.
Departure/Arrival Times for Smith Point Marina
Plan to arrive at Smith Point Marina at 11:00 am to board the ferry. The boat will leave the dock at 11:00 a.m. Pick-up from Fox Island on the last day of the trip will be between 11:30 a.m. and noon. Approximate return time to Smith Point Marina is 1:00 p.m.
*NOTE: The boat and pickup times may vary with each trip.