The Chesapeake Bay Foundation seeks a Clean the Bay Day Assistant to be based at its Brock Environmental Center located in Virginia Beach, VA. This is a part-time, temporary position to run from November 2016 through July 2017.
THE CHESAPEAKE BAY FOUNDATION
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) is the largest regional non-profit conservation organization working solely to save the Bay. Established in 1967, CBF has a staff of approximately 185 employees working in offices in Annapolis Maryland; Richmond and VA Beach, Virginia; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; and Washington, D.C., and in 15 field education program locations. Our staff and volunteer corps work throughout the region educating students and adults, advocating for clean water polices, restoring waterways, and litigating when necessary.
CBF's headquarters office in Annapolis, MD is the Philip Merrill Environmental Center, the world’s first U.S. Green Build Council’s LEED platinum building. In 2014, CBF opened The Brock Environmental Center in Virginia Beach, VA. The Brock Center is one of the most energy efficient, environmentally smart buildings in the world.
CBF has an annual budget of approximately $21 million and is supported by more than 200,000 members and e-subscribers. For more information on CBF please visit www.cbf.org.
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
The Clean the Bay Day Assistant would assist CBF’s Hampton Roads Grassroots Coordinator with the planning and execution of the 29th Annual Clean the Bay Day, to be held on Saturday, June 3, 2017.
Essential functions include:
• Recruiting, organizing, and coordinating with local government and other partners for Clean the Bay Day.
• Mobilizing partners and ensuring communication with and materials for them for event execution.
• Assisting in the coordination of Clean the Bay Day partner meetings.
• Assisting with promotional materials (including artwork) for awareness of the event.
• Developing avenues for program promotion and registration.
• Managing and interacting with Clean the Bay Day volunteers.
• Developing sponsorship opportunities and interacting with sponsors.
• Manage preparation, dissemination, and collection of event materials.
• Working with CBF staff, operating professionally as a point of contact for the CTBD program. Helping with general office/administrative support, including data entry and filing, digital and material organization, among other tasks related to the CTBD program.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Successful candidate should have a college degree or be working toward a degree. Self-initiative, the ability to work independently, as well as with a team, and excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Familiarity with Excel, Word, and Outlook required. The position seeks a creative thinker interested in learning about the Chesapeake Bay as well as furthering the Foundation’s mission to "Save the Bay.”
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements no later than November 6, 2016 to:
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.