The Chesapeake Bay Foundation seeks a Brock Center Coordinator to be based at their Hampton Roads Office located in Virginia Beach, VA.
THE CHESAPEAKE BAY FOUNDATION
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) is the largest regional non-profit conservation organization working solely to save the Bay. Established in 1967, CBF has a staff of approximately 185 employees working in offices in Annapolis Maryland; Richmond and VA Beach, Virginia; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; and Washington, D.C., and in 15 field education program locations. CBF's headquarters office is in the Philip Merrill Environmental Center, the world’s first LEED platinum building. In 2015, CBF opened the Brock Environmental Center in Virginia Beach, VA, which is one of the most energy efficient, environmentally smart buildings in the world.
CBF has an annual budget of approximately $21 million and is supported by more than 200,000 members and e-subscribers. For more information on CBF please visit www.cbf.org.
CONTEXT OF THE POSITION
Supports the operations of the Brock Environmental Center (Brock Center). Provides front desk coverage for the Brock Center and coordinates non-program scheduled use of the facility and events.
Essential functions include:
Conference Center Responsibilities:
- Keep all the conference rooms in the building supplied, neat and tidy at all times.
- Handle meeting room and A/V equipment scheduling requests in a timely manner.
- Operate, troubleshoot and train on all audio visual equipment.
- Troubleshoot and train for teleconferencing equipment and meetings.
- Understand and be able to clearly articulate to visitors what makes Brock Center green; training will be provided. Possess a willingness and ability to learn more about sustainability.
- Ability to provide tours of the Brock Center to guests upon Brock Center Manager request.
- Book facilities for all meetings and events. Create contracts for non-program meetings and events.
- Throughout each non-program (Outside/Public use) event planning period, be available for calls, questions, visits from both clients and vendors.
- Prepare paperwork, i.e. liquor license, insurance and all other items as needed.
- For non-program events, stay until the end of the event to ensure clean up and all vendor obligations are completed.
- Coordinate all non-program deliveries the week of the event.
- After non-program event, process all paperwork, refund security deposits if needed, resolve any issues.
- Track memberships gained as a result of conference center rentals.
- Responsible for after-hour non-program events operations (occasional evening and weekend hours).
- Work with the Facility Manager to ensure smooth operations of the facility as several responsibilities may be cross functional.
- Act as liaison with staff and outside clients for non-program CBF meetings or events held in the facility.
- Train all program staff sponsoring meetings or events.
- Work with staff responsible for program meetings, assist with designated caterers and other vendors.
Front Desk Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Answer and route calls from a multi-line phone system from 8:30AM to 5:00PM, Monday – Friday.
- Open building at 8:30am Monday – Friday.
- Maintain lobby area including keeping area clean and free of clutter, newspapers up to date, reception desk clean.
- Process and route outgoing and incoming mail, inter-office mail, and faxes
- Keep up-to-date CBF materials displayed for the public. Work with Communications Department to know when new materials are available.
- Daily, monitor daily energy and water use. Post important information on manual board for public (or if electronic, make sure monitor is working properly).
- Process packages for shipping and receive deliveries.
- Track postage and order supplies as necessary.
- Manage inventory of Brock Center supplies and reorder as needed.
- Answer all inquiries by voice or email within eight (8) hours.
- Create and post welcome signs for visiting groups.
- Maintain sign-in sheet.
- Make sure all visitors receive a visitor pass clip-on tag while in the building.
- Prepare Brock Center monthly account reports (i.e.: checking, credit card reports and receipts).
- Daily monitoring and minor upkeep of office equipment including copiers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum of three years’ experience in a comparable position; excellent organizational and people skills; good communication and writing skills and be able to work in a fast paced environment; self-motivated and able to handle many duties at one time, multi- task; knowledge of Windows 2007, Microsoft Office 2013 (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Schedule Plus, & Access), audiovisual equipment and Internet software knowledge helpful.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements no later than February 6, 2015 to:
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
CBF offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, health, vision, dental, life insurance, and a tax deferred annuity plan. The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.